Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"This week's CCM Updates"


Family!
 
Thanks for everyone who was able to write me and keep me updated with whats going on at home. This is one of my favorite times of the week!  This week has been pretty crazy here, especially today.
 
Ill start with the coolest announcement, David A Bednar is coming to speak to us next week!  He has become my favorite Apostle to hear from especially in the past few years.  Its is even better that he is coming here than provo because there is a total of about 70 or 80 missionaries here.  That means I will probably be able to meet him and chat for a second!  If any of you havent heard his talk from 2011 called 'The Charachter of Christ?, you need to.  It is by far the greatest talk I have ever heard. From beginning to end.  He is a huge inspiriation for me, and I can't wait to meet him!
 
Today, since its Pday, we all had the chance to go to the temple again.  We did our session like normal, and one guy in my district, Elder Olson, and I were approached by a nice middle aged peruvian lady.  She spoke with us breifly and something didn't seem quite right with here. She eventually told us she was having a very tough time in her life, and would like a blessing of comfort by one of the missionaries.  At this point, all of the other Elders had also come out.  We went with her into the vitisor center in the temple to a room where we could have some peace.  When it came time to decide who should pray, everyone looked at me.  I honestly did not think I would be able to do it, but I accepted the responsibility.  Let me also say that this lady could not speak one word of English. I was so nervous.  I didn't have my white handbook in Spanish on me, so I knew I would have to be guided by the spirit completely.  I laid my hands on her head, and the rest of the elders placed one hand on also.  With my broken Spanish, I gave her a blessing of comfort and no longer felt nervous.  I honestly did not have a testimony of the Gift of Tongues, but now I do, and it is mind blowing.  She was so touched that we would take the time out of our day to give her a blessing and shook each one of our hands and talked with us.  It was such an amazing experience.
 
We got a new group of Latinos this week, and a couple new missionaries from the Provo MTC.  They are having a lot of trouble with Visas though for Peru and Bolivia.  We were only able to get 2 more elders and 7 more Hna's total this past group, when we should have gotten about 50.  I feel so blessed to have been able to get my visa and come to this MTC here in Peru.
 
Tomorrow marks the halfway point for us in the CCM, and I have come to realize something about this place.  Some people say time moves slow, and others say it moves fast.  I feel like time is sort of at a standstill, almost like a dream.  It is so different from our normal lives, but it is also so amazing.  Each of us are getting more and more anxious about leaving to the field each day.  I should have some good stories to tell next week also, because this Saturday we are all going to go proselyting with a Latino companion that day!  From the older guys in the CCM, we have learned that after you go out and teach the people, you never wanna set foot in this place again.  Just 3 more weeks and its off to Bolivia!
 
I hope to hear from all of you guys individually! Its so nice hearing about life back in GA and such. 
 
Much love,
 
Elder Potts 

No comments:

Post a Comment