Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Conference and Confidence

Well,  my time has almost run out here at internet, so I'll try to make this one good, but quick!
 
I don't know if it's just because I'm a missionary, but man, I love conference! I always feel like I have questions that need to be answered, and they always get answered in the exact way that I need.  I have struggled recently with a few things. I'll try not to make these too personal, but I think possibly every male can relate.  Confidence is a great thing to have. But there is such a fine line between confidence, and pride, that sometimes the line can be crossed.  As a missionary, you have to be confident. You cannot have fear of speaking to strangers, or teaching them, or anything of that nature. But often times, orgullo, as it is in spanish, can get the best of you.  My main question was how to serve as a missionary being as humble as possible.  President Monson's talk on love may have been a life changing talk for me.  I now view the work differently than I did just a few days ago.
 
Just a quick update on the youth that are preparing for baptism: We have obtained permission for 3 of the 4 guys to be baptized! That means there should be some baptisms coming here in just about 2 weeks.
 
Last bit of news for the week: The last district leader, Elder Gonzalez has been transferred to another area, and they have called me to take his place! So I will be teaching a class to missionaries each week, taking numbers, going on splits, etc. I guess that is good news.
 
 
 

 
Elder Potts III
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment