Monday, January 13, 2014

Voy a Tener un Hijo!

This past week I was in a trio with 2 other Elders, Elder Hatch and Alegria in Punata, since my companion left to Venezuela last Monday. It has been a very evenful week though, and lots of things have happened!
Here are a few fun facts: This past month, my zone, called Jaihuaico Alalay, had the most emergency changes in the whole mission. Most of these due to missionaries like my companion, leave because of Visas, and other changes. My zone was also the highest baptising zone by far, with 20 baptisms! Thats very unlikely with so many changes, but 4 of those baptisms have come from my companionships, which is cool!

I was in a trio with 2 other missionaries all week, and we baptised 2 more! One of the investigator's stories is really sad.  His wife left him like last year, so he and his daughter lived alone after that. And then about 4 months ago, he was in a  car accident with his daughter.  He now only has one leg, and his daughter was in critical condition until last Sunday when she passed away. So now he is in the hardest time of his lifeand nobody in his life, but he was so excited for his baptism! We had to have 2 people in the font to make sure he didn't drown.
So last night we got the call for transfers, and since I have no companion, there was definitely going to be a change for me.. And now I'm going to have a son! In mision terms, that is.  I am going to train a new elder, and he will be getting here on Wednesday!



Elder Potts III
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission


An Elder recorded a video of how the filled up the font last week!


No comments:

Post a Comment